VMware Self-Driving Operations delivered by vRealize. VMware vRealize Operations 6.7 introduces several new and enhanced performance and capacity optimization capabilities to help customers adopt a ‘self-driving’ approach to operations management. VMware vRealize Operations delivers continuous performance optimization based on operational and business intent, efficient capacity management, proactive planning and intelligent remediation. It provides a unified IT operations management platform to optimize, plan and scale SDDC and multi-cloud deployments, from apps to infrastructure. Discover how vRealize enables IT teams across industries to innovate and accelerate time to value.
VMware has retired the traditional Configuration Maximums Guides in pdf form. For vSphere 6.7 Maximums you will need to visit the new online tool: https://configmax.vmware.com/
This tool has vSphere 6.0 to 6.7. It is a dynamic tool allowing to isolate component maximums, compare maximums, and export out maximums.
VMware has released a new White paper about ESXi IP storage troubleshooting.
In this paper, we:
• Describe how you can analyze packet traces to identify functional and performance issues in an
ESX IP storage environment.
• Compare packet capture alternatives, and explain why we recommend an inline optical network
tap connected to a packet capture system.
• Present the challenges of 10G packet capture, and describe key features of commercial 10G
• Describe the design of an inexpensive, self-assembled 10G packet capture solution optimized for
troubleshooting that you can build relatively easily. We also describe our experience with multiple
prototypes of this design, which we have used in our ESX IP storage testbeds for NFS and iSCSI
performance for many years.
• Present examples of analyzing packet traces to solve ESX performance issues for NFSv41, software
iSCSI over IPv6, and hardware iSCSI.
VMware has released a new set of Light Board videos in the vSphere 6.5 playlist, you will find them here.