Yesterday VMware released version 1.3 of the vSphere Integrated Containers. The version enhances stability and delivers a new graphical-user interface to guide users through the creation of a Virtual Container Host (VCH).
Please find the details in the original post on the VMware blog: VMware Blog
VMware has released a new White paper about ESXi IP storage troubleshooting.
In this paper, we:
• Describe how you can analyze packet traces to identify functional and performance issues in an
ESX IP storage environment.
• Compare packet capture alternatives, and explain why we recommend an inline optical network
tap connected to a packet capture system.
• Present the challenges of 10G packet capture, and describe key features of commercial 10G
• Describe the design of an inexpensive, self-assembled 10G packet capture solution optimized for
troubleshooting that you can build relatively easily. We also describe our experience with multiple
prototypes of this design, which we have used in our ESX IP storage testbeds for NFS and iSCSI
performance for many years.
• Present examples of analyzing packet traces to solve ESX performance issues for NFSv41, software
iSCSI over IPv6, and hardware iSCSI.